The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Monday, July 28, 2014

Pick Me Up Monday -My Creative Family Tree



HummingBeard
Hummingbeard

This is a bit of a different post. I've been asked more than once about my creative process, how I come up with the ideas for my books. The inner working of my brain can be a scary thing...it sometimes even scares me!
For those who follow my blog have notices in the past few weeks a daily funny I've been sharing. It comes from www.botaday.com the worlds only art humor blog with a decidedly twisted bent. The sole author of this site and the art therein is none other than my Cousin, Mike Martinet.

As I have said in many interviews, I come from a family of artists. What form it takes is as unique as it is inspiring. Though not all, like me have kept to canvas and oils. Denise Barr my mentor who kept me sane and believed in me enough for me to reach for my dream of writing also has taken her vision to become a top notch fashion designer. Here is a few of her designs from a fashion show a few years back. 


Creativity comes in many forms and can be as much a gift as it is a curse. It is something you can't call on at a whim, but sparks wild and untamed it takes complete possession of you not letting go until it is satisfied. The outcome of this divine inspiration is what we try to bring to life in this reality. Some are hits, some misses. We can only interpret our vision's the best way we can in the medium we have chosen. The three of us are the renegades and in many ways the survivors of our eclectic family, moving outside of the box designed for us to make our own paths. Mike, with his incredible art, Denise with her fashion and I the author who uses oil painting to work through my stories.

Mike Martinet and Denise Barr

My cousins inspire, excite the mind and nurture the soul. Without them, the world would be a far poorer place to live in. They keep my dream alive and keep me pushing ever forward. To be better at my craft of storytelling, to give you the spark of my creation at it purest. 
I look forward to seeing what these two create everyday and now it's time for me to get back to my creation. 
Keep those in your family who follow a different path close to your heart. Nurture their gifts even if you may not understand what they do, give them your support.
You never know what they may turn out to be, but I'm positive it will be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment